Tuesday, November 19, 2013

No Turkey Mantle

I know many people start their Christmas decorating in November, however, 
I love celebrating Thanksgiving
I enjoy spending a month concentrating on giving thanks and acknowledging my blessings
Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite holidays! I relish in decorating for turkey day. This year I decided to forgo the traditional turkeys in my fireplace decor, replacing them with mercury glass owls that I picked up on clearance. 
I used the same pumpkins and mercury glass candlesticks that were on my mantle for Halloween, changing out the black garland with fall leaves
Then I threw in some touches of gold. 
The banner was an easy DIY using burlap, jute,  store bought stencils and spray on gold glitter.


I have much to be thankful for and 
I count YOU, my blog friends, 
among my many blessings. 
Have a blessed week!

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm with you on celebrating Thanksgiving and being thankful the whole month of November. Thanksgiving should have it's own month...perhaps September. This way Halloween and Christmas will not interfere. I know history is the reason we celebrate Turkey Day in November but geez...can a girl dream!?!?! :)

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gayle said...

So beautiful Joy - that gold glitter really makes the banner special! I've been working with burlap for an upcoming wedding - NOT my favorite medium!

Becky Andrews said...

I LOVE your mantle!! Beautiful message and agree ... love Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing.

joanne said...

I just love the fall colours and the little owl is darling. I'm going shopping tomorrow and he's on my list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Munchkin Land Designs  





Search This Blog